The reality for many schools and universities is that they can only attract prospective students and give the best possible educational experience. However, enrolled students are entitled to transfer to another school if they wish to. Of course, it shouldn’t sound simplistic. Students who undergo the process of transferring school from another one may have varied reasons.
The process of transferring school needs an important document known as the School Transfer Certificate. This document can be smoothly secured regardless of whether the parent or the student (or both) are the deciding factors. Accomplishing the said document doesn’t have to be a stressful task for the parent’s and school’s end.
In line with this, here are some of the FAQs we wish to answer as you continue reading this article:
- What is a school transfer certificate?
- When is a school transfer certificate issued?
- What are the usual reasons for a school transfer?
- How to write a request letter for a school transfer certificate?
- Where to find school transfer certificate templates online?
The School Transfer Certificate Defined
Schools, colleges, and universities of any kind suggest the application for a school transfer certificate or TC. When a student was faced with the choice of transferring to a school, they must request a transfer certificate from the current institution they are in. The school transfer certificate is an authenticated document verifying that the student leaving has undergone the right process. This also certifies that the transferring student is eligible to enroll in other schools. In layman’s terms, this is a common courtesy of informing the current school of the student transfer through documentation.
Reasons for Student’s School Transfer
The reasons as to why certain students transfer schools differ from context to context. Below are some of the pressing issues that influence the student’s need to transfer:
- The family needs to move to a different home or place. The most common reason for students moving to another school is their geographical circumstances. This can be for the reason one or both of the parents needed to be in a nearer location to their jobs. Family-related issues are something that educational institutions always consider in important decisions like this.
- The student experiences bullying in the current school. As unfortunate as it sounds, this is another serious matter that schools pay attention to when students request a transfer. For example, the Disability Rights Texas Handout states that the parents of children in public schools have the option to transfer their children. Given the school determines that the child has been bullied in school, they have the opportunity in transferring the child to another campus.
- In case the student has special needs, their parents may opt to transfer them to a school with inclusive education. In relation to the previous point, the parents can look for schools that offer a safer environment for their child. At the same time, they must transfer to a school that provides them an inclusive program that caters to the special needs of the student.
- There is a better opportunity for reaching full potential at another school. This reason may be negative when taken out of context, but there are certain students who are selective learners. When this is the reason for the transfer, it doesn’t mean that the school they left from was incompetent. It can be that the student wishes to transfer to a school where the environment, teaching styles, and academic goals coincide more with their learning needs.
- There is a specific academic program the prospect school offers that the current one doesn’t have. Another cause of student’s school transfer is when they have completed a program like the 10th and 12th grade and they wish to enroll in schools for further studies. For this reason, the student requests a school transfer certificate.
Steps in Writing a Request Letter for a School Transfer Certificate
So, how do the parents write a request letter for a school transfer certificate? There will be no standard typeface or font sizes to typing the application letter for transfer certificate from school. The format below will guide you in writing the application letter for the transfer certificate:
1. The first component included in writing an application for TC will be the relevant dates. Two dates must be seen in the letter. The first one should be the date the request has been made or when the letter has been written. The other date specifies a particular time (usually an early one) when the student must obtain the transfer certificate from the school.
2. Second important component will be the specific reason why the student needs to transfer to the school. The body of the letter should not miss the clear and genuine reason for the application for a school transfer certificate.
3. Depending on the school format, the letter may or may not indicate the name of the prospective school where the student will transfer. This depends as other transfers may only be to a branch, or in most cases, entirely to another school.
4. Lastly, the application letter for TC must include attached documents for admission as requested by the other school.
School Transfer Certificate Templates Online
Here is a list of sites where to generate a school transfer certificate online:
1. Result Hosting
Screenshot from Result Hosting
Result Hosting provides E-transfer certificates for schools. With the use of an Adobe PDF reader, one can generate the school transfer certificate. From the school’s scanned upload of the manual transfer certificate, the students can download the template. The student then can proceed to print the downloaded template offline. The software system of Result Hosting allows verification of school transfer certificates and checking of their authenticity. The process of attestation and application is completely online. It also allows online tracking of the application status.
Screenshot from SignNow
The web-based service of SignNow also has a solution for a request on the transfer certificate form. This aims to enhance the process of qualified document management like generating a school transfer certificate. It provides an editable PDF template that students can fill and sign online. The data to enter includes the parent’s official contact and the student’s identification details. An interesting feature is you can create and add electronic signatures in the form. Upon completion, the student can now print, download, and share the document.
3. My Class Board
Screenshot from My Class Board
Another school management software where you may generate a school transfer certificate is My Class Board. As the entire data and student information is digitized, the process of TC is easier. To generate the needed transfer certificate, the student or parent must enter the Class tab. After, they must enter the relevant information asked like an enrolment code, application number, student name, or unique id number in the box search. Afterward, they can now select the transfer certificate. Before accessing the TC, they will be directed first to the fee due page. The page shows the fee details to assure whether the student’s account is cleared. The school TC is generated with the default information while the rest of the details will be updated by the school staff.
The process of generating a school transfer certificate can be seamless with the previous guidelines. The parents should not forget to secure a request letter for the school to issue a document as important as a school transfer certificate. Since the goal of the transfer certificate is to release the student from the current school, it is just right that the reason must be communicated. The bottom line is in making such a big decision as transferring to school, the student’s need should be in the best interest.